Our golf shop has been honored with the AGM Platinum Award, recognizing it as one of the nation’s top 100. We’d like to congratulate and thank our staff, including Merchandise Manager Amanda Piro, for creating a golf retail experience that’s among the nation’s elite.
The Platinum Award caps a banner year for Maderas that began with repeat recognition from Golf Digest as one of the nation’s top 100 public courses. The following is look at some other accolades and achievements for Maderas in 2015 for not just golf but also weddings, tournaments and fine dining.
- Named the 14th friendliest golf course in the U.S.
- Received the Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor
- Honored as the eighth best place to play in California by Golf Advisor
- Designated as one of Golf Week’s Best Places to Play
- Raised nearly a million dollars through charity golf tournaments
- Named one of the top 10 places to get married in San Diego by The Knot
- Hosted 49 weddings
- Served more than 1,000 burgers during our weekly Burger Nights
- Gained exposure by hosting a Callaway Golf commercial shoot featuring Phil Mickelson
- Inaugurated, and won, a member tournament with Aviara Golf Club that will be repeated
Maderas General Manager Michael Flickinger called 2015 an exceptional year for the club in many respects.
“2015 was an outstanding year for Maderas,” Flickinger said. “We’d like to thank our patrons and partners for your role in our success.”
Aaron Feldman commented, “We are very happy with our entire team at Maderas. 2015 was definitely an outstanding year and we are extremely pleased with our team’s achievements. We look forward to continuing to make Maderas Golf Club the preferred golf destination of San Diego and Southern California.”